Monday 8 November 2010

Winterweir

I recently acquired this bobble hat from the fine gentlemen over at the Casual Connoisseur. With winter getting closer and temperatures falling at a rapid rate, it's bound to become a staple part of my wardrobe as I look to keep my head warm over the coming months.

Christened "the Weir" due to the late Scottish broadcaster Tom Weir's love for bobble hats, this is the Casual Connoisseur's third run of this geeky cool bit of headwear. The hats, one of the label's most popular products, were limited to a run of just fifty in each colourway and unsurprisingly flew off the shelves.

Fortunately, I was quick enough to grab myself one in time – and the quality is immediately apparent. The hats are made of double layered acryllic which allows for warmth but reduces bulk and itchiness, whilst all the manufacturing takes place right here in England. Furthermore, they are designed so as to allow them to stretch to fit bigger head shapes, something that has come as a great relief to me and my oversized napper. More information about these hats can be found here, over at Sabotage Times.

For those who weren't rapid enough to get one before they sold out, never fear. Realising the huge demand for these bobble hats, the chaps at the Casual Connoisseur have come up with a new design which should be available by December time. Click here for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment