Monday 21 June 2010

Thinking About Getting... - Universal Works Chambray Workshirt



If it's good enough for Steve McQueen then it's good enough for me.

Looking like denim with a feel of cotton, chambray shirts are extremely casual, often associated with prisoners. Along with blue denim jeans, chambray shirts are often referred to as "prisoner blues". The early David Bowie song Come and Buy my Toys (1967) also mentions a cambric (chambray) shirt: "You shall own a cambric shirt, You shall work your father's land, But now you shall play in the market square, Till you'll be a man".

One chambray shirt which has taken my fancy is the Universal Works Chambray Workshirt which at just over fifty English pounds looks like a bargain price. With two front pockets and attentive red stitching throughout, the detailing on the shirt looks to be top notch as can be seen in the photos below. While it may be made in India, I have heard the quality of Universal Works' clothing is without fault.

The shirt should look great with a pair of chinos and some nice shoes. I need to sell a few pieces and purchase a few more before, but if the shirt is still available when I have the funds then it will be on it's way to me.









No comments:

Post a Comment